It is for anyone involved in the translation profession, particularly for English & Spanish language learners. They are inviting professional linguists, translation students, and language enthusiasts to join. At the end of the modules, the participants are expected to:
- appreciate open translation tools and generic translation skills
- develop some useful employability skills in a global perspective
- promote multilingualism and intercultural communication
- appreciate well-established community translation projects such as Wikipedia, TED talks, and Global Voices
- and develop translation skills in subject specific domains through translating Open University's OpenLearn content.
Visit the OT12 MOOC website to apply for a free slot.